CHIROPRACTIC CARE FOR AUTO ACCIDENTS
When someone has been in a car accident there is a specific term that often comes to mind when looking for help… “ambulance chasers”. That is NOT what we do here. In fact, for several years, Corrective Chiropractic referred all personal injury patients out to other chiropractors in Greenville for care. We wanted to avoid this very stigma, as well as the hassle of dealing with lawyers or patients whose focus was not congruent with ours. That focus is providing first-rate structural chiropractic care to correct and heal any damage from their whiplash injury and return them to a pre-accident state of health without pain.
The problem with not accepting and treating people who have been in car accidents is that there are many who genuinely want to fix the cause of their whiplash pain and accident injuries. Some patients were already under care with us and couldn’t immediately afford the additional care necessary as a result of the injury they sustained from their car accident. We felt it was our responsibility to take the plunge into working with personal injury cases to set a higher standard of care.
We are not in the business of running patients in and out of this office as fast as possible and sending them on their way the second their pain and symptoms decrease. Our examination and treatment processes are incredibly thorough. In many cases, damage to the ligaments in your spine can go undetected and cause symptoms to return after a whiplash injury case has been settled. That is why Corrective Chiropractic utilizes an advanced Digital Radiographic Structural Analysis to determine the severity of your injuries.
Common symptoms like:
- Neck Pain
- Back Pain
- Muscle Spasms
The above are a few examples of possible secondary conditions that can result from whiplash injuries, neck pain, back pain, headaches, acquired during an auto accident. Traditional pain removal based treatments, whether they are medical, chiropractic or physical therapy; don’t always prevent these types of conditions from becoming chronic pain situations because they do not focus on correcting the structure of the spine.
Our state of the art treatments utilize advanced, drug-free chiropractic care. Specific spinal physical therapy and spinal remodeling traction to restore the structure of the spine, which is often the primary cause of the pain and symptoms. Our objective structural chiropractic examination and Digital Radiographic Structural Analysis give us the data we need to determine the primary cause of your pain and how much care may be necessary.
Dr. Wickstrom and his staff are extremely knowledgeable in regards to accident cases and will assist you during this process until your recovery is complete.
Corrective Chiropractic has helped many patients injured in auto accidents with chiropractic treatment, as well as, their car accident claims.
Good Things to Know After a Car Accident
- We work with auto insurance claims and personal injury lawyers.
- As the driver, passenger or pedestrian, you can receive treatments and claim compensation for losses to the car’s insurance company, even if you do not have your own coverage.
- Injuries sustained from car accidents can take a few days or a few weeks to manifest and show pain or symptoms.
- Numerous research studies have been done that show that years after car accident victims have settled their insurance claims, many of them still suffer from pain and symptoms from their injuries. This is characteristically a result of getting treatment too late or stopping treatment too early.
- No referral is necessary.
- Corrective Chiropractic treats patients inside and outside of the Greenville, NC area.